Private Client Tax Supervisor
UK chartered accountancy firm. We are a commercially astute organisation with a personal, partner-led service aimed at entrepreneurial small and medium enterprises (SMEs), large corporates and high-net worth individuals.
Our clients come from many different backgrounds and are active in all branches of commerce and industry. Our reputation is grounded in quality, delivering premium advisory services efficiently and cost-effectively.
Founded in 1933, the practice comprises 25 partners and approximately 280 staff supplying a range of services spanning audit, corporate taxation, private client services, VAT and forensic accounting, together with a range of sector groups offering specialist industry knowledge.
The Private Client department comprises 30 specialist staff and is headed by 4 Partners and 4 Principals.
We require a CTA qualified Supervisor to join our Private Client Tax team.
Reporting to the Managers, Principals and Partners, the successful candidate will have their own interesting and varied portfolio of clients including a mix of high profile individuals, professional persons, partnerships, entrepreneurs, and non-UK domiciled clients. They will be expected to support on projects and ad-hoc advice where necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparing tax returns
- Looking after a portfolio of clients
- Interfacing between clients and managers, where necessary
- Assisting with general private client issues and suggesting tax planning opportunities for clients within their portfolio
- Communicating and corresponding with HMRC
- Communicating with and answering queries from clients
- Assisting with the training and supervision of more junior members of staff
- Other ad-hoc duties in line with the role
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 4 years’ personal tax experience within a practice environment
- Accurate work, displaying initiative with minimal supervision
- A proactive attitude
- Successful work as a team member
- An ability to work under pressure and to be able to prioritise
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft software
- Strong knowledge of income tax, capital allowances, employment taxes, capital gains tax and benefits, and non-doms
- A good knowledge of capital gains tax, treatment of foreign income, capital allowances, tax credits, and inheritance tax
The successful candidate should ideally be CTA qualified. We would also prefer the successful candidate to have some working knowledge of Digita software, although training will be provided if not.
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Group Life Cover
- 22 days holiday on commencement
- Buying and Selling Holiday Scheme
- PHI (Permanent Health Insurance)
- Contributory Private Health Scheme
- Non-Contributory Health Cash Plan
- Season Ticket Loan (after qualifying period)
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle voucher scheme